Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wedding's

My favorite picture from our wedding, doing the stomp song!

So we attended a wedding this weekend, we'll be attending another next weekend. I also got to thinking about how many weddings were last year at this time and are being planned for in the up coming year.

A Wedding: Dreamed about as a little girl, planned in our heads with each crush as a young adults, months spend planning, and then the big day.

But what about after the big day. I don't know about everyone else but I can't go to a wedding without thinking, did they do this, I wish I did that, ect ect.

So here are my tips:
  1. IT IS YOUR DAY! Don't let your parents, your friends or anyone else make you do something that you don't want to do. But also make sure that if there is something you've dreamed about since you were little it is included!
  2. Go with the flow. Not everything will go the way you want it to but there is nothing you can do about it on that day, so don't let it ruin the whole thing.
  3. Pay your photographer to come to reception. These are the pictures I wish I had. I remember what the church looked like along with everyone in the wedding. I still look back and wonder something about my reception. Make room in you budget for a good photographer and extra time for them to be there.
  4. Remember why you are getting married! Weddings are stressful, there are no if and's or but about it. So in the mean time remember why you are getting married.
  5. Write it down. The stuff you think you'll never forget at some point you will. So my advice is to write it down. Really you will, I've been marred for less than three years and have to ask about some of the details I thought I'd never forget.
That is it for now, I guess. Maybe I'll add more as they come to me.

No comments: